There are 67 item(s) tagged with the keyword "Pro Life".
- Displaying: 21 - 30 of 67
- 21. Pro-Abortion Pres. Obama Vetoes Legislation Defunding Planned Parenthood
Planned Parenthood is responsible for the deaths of 320,000 preborn human infants every year. They have been repeatedly videotaped admitting that they sell portions of these babies on a massive scale. Even so, President Obama is unmoved and vetoed legislation that would have defunded this depraved organization. Unfortunately, pro-lifers lack the congressional votes to override the veto of the most pro-abortion president in U.S. history. (That piece of information should give you insight into the enormous power of our U.S. Congressmen, and why it's critical to elect constitutional conservatives to those offices.)
According to a recent article in Live Action News:
"President Barack Obama vetoed legislation Friday that would have ended $400 million of the over $500 million in forced taxpayer funding going to Planned Parenthood for one year. The measure would have shifted Planned Parenthood’s public subsidies to comprehensive health care clinics that offer more health services and outnumber the abortion giant 20 to 1.
"H.R. 3762, which included efforts to repeal the Affordable Care Act, is the first bill to pass both houses of Congress and make it to the president’s desk.
"The U.S. Senate passed the measure last year using the reconciliation process, which prevented Democrat lawmakers from filibustering the bill. The U.S. House approved the Senate version this week.
"While a veto by President Obama was expected, the passage of the bill shows that even under the most pro-abortion administration in U.S. history, there are enough pro-life votes to send a bill defunding America’s largest abortion chain to the White House."Click here to read more
- 22. And Then There Were None: Helping Abortion Clinic Workers Leave the Abortion Industry.
- Click here to read more
- 23. The Sanctity of Human Life
Given by Pastor Matthew Chandler of The Village Church, this is the best pro-life sermon I have ever heard. The most important message throughout is this:
There is no sin so great or so evil that it has more power than the Cross of Jesus Christ, not even murder.Click here to read more
- 25. Abortion Explained - Dr. Joseph DeCook
"Women who abort their babies have a 2 times higher rate of depression, 2 times higher rate of substance abuse, and 3-6 times higher rate of suicide than women who choose not to abort." Dr. James DeCook.
- 26. Would your Candidate Support Life, Marriage and Family, Religious Freedom?
The Center for Arizona Policy (CAP) surveyed the candidates running for federal and state offices. CAP promotes and defends the foundational values of life, marriage and family, and religious liberty.
Find out how the candidates answered the questions. Simply Click on the link ArizonaVoterGuide.Com. Fill in the blanks in order to immediately obtain your personalized voter guide, and click on each number to see the survey question, and how candidates responded.
The results might surprise you. Candidate for Governor Scott Smith's answers are a good example. He would support adding "sexual orientation," "gender identity," or "gender expression" to the protected classes of race, religion, age, sex, and ancestry in anti-discrimination law. (Question #11.)Remember the battle against Medicaid Expansion? The Center for Arizona Policy was cited in the following passionate statements made by Steve Smith, who was a Republican respresentative from LD11 at the time (not to be confused with Scott Smith). Steve explains that the expansion of Medicaid would also increase the number of abortions. Scott Smith, candidate for Governor, supports Medicaid Expansion.Click here to read more
- 27. Arizona Rep Warren Petersen (LD12) - Always a Champion
Today, May 13, Rep. Petersen received a letter from the Center for Arizona Policy informing him that he received another perfect score in standing up for families, the sanctity of life, and marriage during the last session.
States Rep. Petersen:
"As you know the family is the fabric of society and, as government leaders, it is incumbent upon us to do all we can to protect the family, life, and the institution of marriage. Unfortunately these values are under attack. This next election cycle is an important one.
"In spite of some disappointments and setbacks, Arizona has made great strides over the last 6 years. For example we are now the 4th most pro-life state in the union. This has primarily been due to the fact that we have had a Republican governor, and a Republican legislature whom we have been able to hold to a pro-life, family and marriage platform. Our State could easily fall into Democratic hands if we don't all do our part in the next few months. Not all of us can be elected officials. But all of us can find a good candidate to support. All of us can find one person that wasn't going to vote and get them to the polls. All of us can put a yard sign in front of our houses. The primary election is in just over 90 days. Please do what you can to make sure that we elect people who best represent your values into office."Click here to read more
- 28. A Constituent Writes: Please vote NO to SB1157
The following letter dated February 16, 2014 was written by Mrs. Brynley Mosley, B.S., R.N., from Lake Havasu City, Arizona. She sent hard copies of the letter to all Arizona senators. She also posted it on the internet. Ms. Mosley attended the Feb. 12, 2014 Health and Human Services Committee hearing where she spoke out against this bill (SB1157). She noted that there were 167 others who were Against the bill, 30 For, and 2 Neutral. Using Arizona Voices (azvoices.gov) 113 Strongly Opposed and 2 Opposed.
In spite of strong opposition, the bill passed 4-3-0 as follows:
For: Republicans Kelli Ward (Sponsor), Nancy Barto, Judy Burges, Kimberly Yee
Against: Democrats Ed Ableser, David Bradley, Katie Hobbs
Click HERE for a video of the meeting.Click here to read more
- 29. Ten Reasons to Vote NO to SB1157
by Allyson Fernstrom, Jessica Richardson, Elizabeth Morton, Lisa Keiser, Sylvia Miller, Janelle Hansen, Michelle Hottya, Marinah Farrell, Wendi Cleckner, and Tory Anderson
1. Arizona’s Licensed Midwives (LMs) are well-educated, qualified, tested, and certified through the Department of Health under the Office of Special Licensing. They gain experience through years of study and leveled apprenticeships. Some midwives enter the field already credentialed as registered nurses, certified nurse midwives, naturopathic physicians, public health administrators, North American Registry of Midwives (NARM), Certified Professional Midwife (CPM), and other advanced degrees. Claims that LMs are undereducated are false and misleading.
2. All homebirth clients must meet certain low-risk standards to qualify to birth at home. Midwives must ensure that candidates for homebirth have regular prenatal care, be offered routine prenatal testing, be checked periodically throughout the progress of labor, and meet additional criteria for Vaginal Birth After Cesarean (VBAC) and breech births such as being within 25 miles of a hospital. Pregnant women who do not meet the criteria are referred to an OB/GYN or CNM for a consultation to discuss possible transfer of care.
3. Risk of VBAC uterine rupture varies from 0.5-1% and risk of breech is 3%. This is less than or similar to other pregnancy or delivery risks; 12% preterm delivery, 7% gestational diabetes, 5% preeclampsia, 1% placental abruption, and 0.5% Placenta Previa.Click here to read more
- 30. Planned Parenthood Takes a Beating at the Tempe Schools' Sex Ed Meeting
Please add the Arizona Daily Independent to your list of newspapers to replace the local Leftist rags (Arizona Republic, the Tribune, Payson Roundup, et al). Their motto is: "There are NO sacred cows."
Dexter Duggan has written a thorough account of the February 4 Sex-Ed meeting in Tempe. Why on earth these government schools are enamored with teaching sexual education to minors makes little sense. The incidences of STDs, teen pregnancies, and sexual experiences at earlier and earlier ages is the result.Click here to read more