Maricopa County Republican Committee's EGC - Resolution to Censure Gov. Jan Brewer and 14 State Legislators
On November 7, 2013, the Maricopa County Republican Committee’s Executive Guidance Committee (MCRC EGC) Passed A Resolution To Censure Gov. Jan Brewer And 14 State Legislators:
· Statement From A J LaFaro, MCRC Chairman: "It's unfortunate the Resolution to Censure even needed to be considered and voted on; however, the Republican Party is at a critical crossroads in its history. A majority of Republicans are frustrated and ‘mad as hell’ with people who say they are Republican but do not support the principles and policies set forth in the Declaration of Independence, the U.S. Constitution, and the Republican Party Platform. It's time to purge the Republican Party of the individuals who say they are Republican but support and vote with the progressive socialist Democrats,
According to Article I Section 1 of the MCRC Continuing By-Laws Revised January 12, 2013:
Section 1 - Objective
The objective of the MCRC is to uphold the principles and policies as set forth in the Declaration of Independence, the U.S. Constitution, and the Republican Party Platform.
We will promote the political education of all Republican Party workers and loyalty to the Republican Party platform. We will also support the election of our party candidates who uphold the principles and policies as set forth in the Declaration of Independence, the U.S. Constitution, and the Republican Party Platform. Our Republican members and the public should never forget what the Governor and 14 State Legislators did. These links should help.
A Resolution of the Executive Guidance Committee (EGC) of the Maricopa County Republican Committee (MCRC)
A RESOLUTION OF THE
EXECUTIVE GUIDANCE COMMITTEE (EGC)
OF THE MARICOPA COUNTY REPUBLICAN COMMITTEE (MCRC)
MARICOPA COUNTY, STATE OF ARIZONA
ARIZONA GOVERNOR JAN BREWER AND 14 STATE LEGISLATORS
WHEREAS, Governor Jan Brewer conspired with 14 liberal Republican state legislators to form an alliance with the Democrat minorities in the Senate and House for the express purpose of thwarting the will of the Republican majorities and violating the Arizona Constitution, the Republican Party Principles and the Republican Party Platform, including but not limited to the following:
· They implemented the passage of Medicaid expansion - a key part of the disastrous healthcare plan known as ObamaCare.
· They implemented government mandated national healthcare.
· They approved taxpayer funding for abortions and increased funding for abortion services.
· They expanded eligibility for welfare benefits, and invited 300,000+ new people into the welfare system.
· They raised taxes.
· They voted against tax relief and kept Arizona as the state with the second highest tax rate in the nation.
· They voted against auditing the Arizona hospital bed tax.
· They increased property taxes.
· The only tax relief they offered was for special-interest industries who could afford to hire lobbyists.
· They rejected a balanced budget and voted for one with a structural debt of $400 million.
· They removed government oversight for special interests.
· They voted against verifying citizenship as a requirement for Medicaid benefits.
· They removed funding for English immersion for non-English-speaking students, thus ensuring the continuation of the failed, Democrat supported bilingual programs.
WHEREAS, they corrupted the legislative process by suspending the Senate and House rules and depriving the public of the opportunity to scrutinize and comment on their proposed legislation.
WHEREAS, they stymied the legislative process, dishonored American legislative traditions, stifled the fundamental precepts of fairness and openness, and violated decorum by refusing to debate.
WHEREAS, they violated the wishes of the vast majority of Republican precinct committeemen in the state of Arizona who had overwhelmingly opposed the passage of Medicaid expansion, making their wishes known publicly in formal written resolutions.
WHEREAS, they voted in favor of national health care, disregarding the will of the voters of Arizona who amended the Arizona Constitution via Proposition 106 in 2010 to oppose national health care.
WHEREAS, they violated the separation of powers defined in the Arizona Constitution by voting for a budget amendment originated by the Executive branch of government.
WHEREAS, they violated the Arizona Constitution by surrendering the legislative authority to tax to an unelected bureaucrat in an Executive branch agency, and made such taxes subject to approval by the federal government.
WHEREAS, they forced passage of a tax increase by a simple majority vote, disregarding the will of the voters of Arizona who amended the Arizona Constitution via Proposition 108 in 1992 requiring 2/3 of the legislature to approve any measure that results in a tax increase.
WHEREAS, they were rewarded for their votes with hundreds of thousands of dollars in political campaign contributions from the Arizona Chambers of Commerce, the healthcare industrial complex, lobbyists and special interest groups.
NOW THEREFORE BE IT RESOLVED by the Executive Guidance Committee of the Maricopa County Republican Committee, Maricopa County, State of Arizona, that we do censure the following Arizona state legislators:
Gov. Jan Brewer
Sen. Steve Pierce, LD 1
Sen. Rich Crandall, LD 16
Sen. John McComish, LD18
Sen. Robert Worsley, LD25
Sen. Adam Driggs, LD28
Rep. Doris Goodale, LD5
Rep. T.J. Shope, LD8
Rep. Frank Pratt, LD8
Rep. Ethan Orr, LD9
Rep. Heather Carter, LD15
Rep. Doug Coleman, LD16
Rep. Jeff Dial, LD18
Rep. Bob Robson, LD18
Rep. Kate Brophy McGee, LD28
BE IT FINALLY RESOLVED by the Executive Guidance Committee of the Maricopa County Republican Committee, Maricopa County, State of Arizona, since they have disassociated themselves from Republican Principles and the Republican Party Platform, we therefore disassociate ourselves from the governor and these legislators, and encourage other Republicans to likewise disassociate themselves from any of the above who may be candidates for any office in the upcoming 2014 elections, or any election thereafter, and affirm our withholding of support of all kinds.
PASSED & APPROVED this 7th day of November, 2013, by the Executive Guidance Committee of the Maricopa County Republican Committee, Maricopa County, State of Arizona.
MARICOPA COUNTY REPUBLICAN COMMITTEE
MARICOPA COUNTY, STATE OF ARIZONA:
A. J. LaFaro - Chairman Maricopa County Republican Committee